The magnificence of baked turkey wings recipe with cream of mushroom cannot be overstated. Turkey wings are often overshadowed by the whole roasted turkey’s grandeur, however, when paired with the velvety textures and earthy flavors of cream of mushroom, these wings rise to a level of culinary sophistication. Try this sumptuous recipe that showcases turkey wings in all their glory, creating a dish that’s both comforting and gourmet.
Baked Turkey Wings Recipe With Cream Of Mushroom
- 8 lg turkey wings
- 1 can (10.5 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet or pan, heat the olive oil or butter over medium heat. Sauté the onions and garlic until translucent.
- Season the turkey wings with salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary. Add them to the skillet and brown each side for about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, and milk until smooth.
- Transfer the browned turkey wings to a baking dish and pour the cream of mushroom mixture over them.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the turkey wings are cooked through and the sauce is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- The Elegance of Baked Turkey Wings With Cream Of Mushroom
- If you're using particularly large turkey wings, you might need to adjust the cooking time. Larger wings may require an additional 10-15 minutes of baking.
- There are multiple types of cream of mushroom soups available in the market, including low sodium and low fat. Choose according to your dietary preferences or needs.
- If you're incorporating fresh mushrooms as a supplement or replacement for the soup, consider varieties like cremini, shiitake, or portobello for a richer flavor profile.
- Don't skip the browning step for the turkey wings. This not only seals in the juices but also gives the meat a deeper flavor due to the Maillard reaction.
- If you find the sauce too thick after baking, you can thin it out with a splash of milk or chicken broth. If it's too thin, let it simmer on the stove until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Feel free to experiment with other herbs like sage or tarragon, which also complement poultry dishes beautifully.
- This dish pairs wonderfully with a glass of white wine, especially a Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio.
- If you have leftover turkey wings, they can be deboned, shredded, and used in sandwiches, salads, or wraps the next day.
- When storing leftovers, ensure the dish has cooled down to room temperature before refrigerating. While reheating, it's best to do so in an oven to retain the texture of the turkey and the sauce's creaminess.
- For those avoiding dairy, consider using a dairy-free mushroom soup and replace the sour cream with a dairy-free alternative or simply use coconut milk for creaminess.
Why Baked Turkey Wings With Cream Of Mushroom?
Baked Turkey Wings with Cream of Mushroom is a gourmet dish that combines the rich flavors of turkey wings with the velvety texture of cream of mushroom. This recipe is straightforward to make, resulting in tender and juicy turkey wings enveloped in a creamy, earthy sauce. Perfect for those seeking a comforting and sophisticated meal, this dish offers a harmonious blend of savory meat and luxurious sauce, making it both a comforting and refined choice for any occasion.
How Difficult Is It To Make Baked Turkey Wings With Cream Of Mushroom?
The recipe is delightfully straightforward. Even if you’re a novice in the kitchen, following the step-by-step instructions will guide you to success. The key lies in ensuring that the turkey wings are well-seasoned and browned before baking and that the creamy sauce is uniformly poured to envelop each wing.
How Does Baked Turkey Wings With Cream Of Mushroom Taste?
The taste is nothing short of divine. The turkey wings, being naturally rich in flavor, become tender and juicy when baked. This juiciness is complemented by the cream of mushroom’s lush texture, with its earthy undertones elevating the dish to gourmet levels. Each mouthful is a harmonious blend of savory meat and creamy, herbed sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use fresh mushrooms instead of cream of mushroom soup?
Yes, you can sauté fresh, sliced mushrooms with the onions and garlic, then add a splash of cream to achieve a similar rich texture.
2. What can I serve alongside this dish?
This pairs beautifully with steamed greens, roasted vegetables, or a light salad. For a heartier meal, consider mashed potatoes or rice.
3. Can I use chicken wings instead of turkey wings?
Yes, but adjust the cooking time since chicken wings are smaller and will cook faster than turkey wings.
4. How can I store leftovers?
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven for best results.
5. Can I add other seasonings to the turkey?
Absolutely! Feel free to customize with your favorite herbs and spices. Consider adding paprika, cayenne, or even a splash of white wine for added flavor depth.
Experience This Baked Turkey Wings Recipe With Cream Of Mushroom
Baked turkey wings recipe with cream of mushroom is a testament to how simple ingredients can come together to create a dish that is both comforting and refined. As you dig into this luscious meal, let each bite transport you to a world of culinary delight. Enjoy!