This slow cooker turkey recipe will make your culinary dreams come true. Whether it’s a holiday feast or a special family dinner, this recipe ensures juicy perfection with minimal effort. Let’s dive in.This flavorful turkey will melt in your mouth.
Slow Cooker Turkey Recipe
- 1 whole turkey 12-14 pounds
- 1 onion quartered
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- Rinse the turkey and pat it dry.
- Rub the turkey with olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, and sage.
- Place onion and garlic inside the turkey cavity.
- Put the turkey in the slow cooker, breast side up.
- Pour chicken broth over the turkey.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Once done, let it rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Thawing the Turkey: Ensure the turkey is completely thawed before placing it in the slow cooker. A frozen turkey won't cook evenly.
- Herb Variations: Feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices to suit your taste. Fresh herbs can also be used for a more vibrant flavor.
- Slow Cooker Size: Choose a slow cooker that can comfortably accommodate the size of your turkey. A 12-14-pound turkey should fit in a large slow cooker.
- Cooking Time: The recommended cooking time is 6-7 hours on the low setting. Avoid overcooking, as it may result in dry meat. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Basting: One of the benefits of slow cooking is that you don't need to baste the turkey. The slow cooker's sealed environment keeps the turkey moist.
- Resting: Let the cooked turkey rest for about 15 minutes before carving. This allows the juices to redistribute, ensuring a juicy, flavorful result.
- Gravy: You can use the flavorful juices left in the slow cooker to make delicious gravy. Simply strain the liquid and follow your favorite gravy recipe.
- Leftovers: Slow cooker turkey leftovers are fantastic for sandwiches, salads, or soups. Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Safety: Always follow food safety guidelines. Thaw, cook, and store your turkey properly to prevent foodborne illnesses.
- Customization: This recipe is versatile. You can add vegetables like carrots and potatoes to the slow cooker for a complete meal. Adjust the seasonings to match your preferences.
Why Make Slow Cooker Turkey Recipe?
Effortless Cooking: This recipe simplifies turkey preparation, requiring minimal hands-on time.
Juicy Perfection: Slow cooking ensures a moist, tender turkey that’s bursting with flavor.
Stress-Free Holidays: Enjoy the holidays without the hassle of oven monitoring.
How Difficult Is It To Make Slow Cooker Turkey Recipe?
This recipe is incredibly easy to make. With minimal prep, you’ll have a juicy turkey ready without the stress of traditional roasting.
How Does Slow Cooker Turkey Recipe Taste?
Slow cooker turkey is succulent, with well-infused herbs and spices. It’s incredibly juicy and flavorful, making it a crowd-pleaser at any gathering.
Can I use a frozen turkey?
No, it’s essential to thaw the turkey completely before using the slow cooker.
Do I need to baste the turkey?
No, the slow cooker keeps the turkey moist without the need for basting.
Can I use different herbs?
Certainly! Customize the herbs to your taste.
Is it safe to leave the slow cooker unattended?
Yes, slow cookers are designed for safe, unattended cooking.
Can I cook a smaller turkey with this recipe?
Yes, adjust the cooking time for a smaller turkey.
Exciting Slow Cooker Turkey Recipe
With this slow cooker turkey recipe, you’ll transform your holiday meals into stress-free feasts. The result? A succulent, flavorful turkey that will have everyone asking for seconds. Enjoy the convenience and delightful taste of this culinary masterpiece.