There’s nothing quite like our jalapeno chicken sausage recipe with a blend of spicy jalapeños and tender chicken to set your taste buds alight. This recipe combines the best of both worlds to create a spicy, flavorful treat that’s perfect for any occasion.
Jalapeno Chicken Sausage Recipe
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 3 jalapenos finely chopped (seeds removed for less heat)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- Natural sausage casings (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, chopped jalapeños, minced garlic, and all the seasonings.
- Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- If making sausages with casings, stuff the mixture into the casings. If not, you can form them into sausage shapes or patties.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Cook the sausages for about 6-8 minutes on each side or until they're fully cooked and have a nice golden-brown color.
- Remove from heat and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Spice Level: The heat in jalapeños can vary significantly. Always taste a small piece before adding to gauge the heat. Remember, the seeds and membranes are the spiciest parts, so removing them can reduce the overall spiciness.
- Meat Consistency: For a finer texture, you can pulse the ground chicken in a food processor a few times. This will give the sausage a smoother consistency.
- Mixing: Don't overmix the meat mixture, as this can result in tough sausages. Mix just until the spices and chicken are combined.
- Sausage Casings: If using natural sausage casings, remember to soak them in warm water for about 30 minutes before using to make them more pliable.
- Cooking Tip: Ensure sausages are cooked thoroughly. Using a meat thermometer, the internal temperature should reach 165°F (74°C) for chicken.
- Storage: If you're planning to store the uncooked sausage mixture, it can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Ensure it's covered in an airtight container.
- Pairings: These sausages go well with a range of dips, from creamy avocado dip to a tangy mango salsa. Consider pairing with a side of coleslaw or a fresh salad.
- Alternative Cooking Methods: These sausages can also be baked in an oven at 375°F (190°C) for about 20 minutes or until fully cooked, turning halfway.
- Herb Variations: If cilantro isn't your favorite, consider substituting with fresh parsley or even a mix of herbs like chives and green onions.
- Dietary Concerns: This recipe is gluten-free, but if you have any concerns about specific dietary needs, always double-check ingredient labels.
Why Make Jalapeno Chicken Sausage Recipe?
Jalapeno chicken sausages are not only delicious, but they are also a healthier alternative to traditional pork sausages. With the infusion of spicy jalapeños, they offer a delightful kick, making them perfect for those looking for a flavor-packed, high-protein meal option.
How Difficult Is It To Make Jalapeno Chicken Sausage Recipe?
Making this recipe is straightforward and requires minimal expertise. Whether you choose to encase them or form patties, the process is simple, making it ideal for beginners and seasoned cooks alike.
How Does Jalapeno Chicken Sausage Recipe Taste?
This sausage bursts with flavors. The meaty chicken taste pairs seamlessly with the spicy jalapenos, while the garlic and spices add depth and complexity. The fresh cilantro introduces a hint of freshness, making every bite a delightful experience.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I freeze these sausages for later?
Yes, once cooked, let them cool and store them in freezer bags. They can be frozen for up to 3 months.
I don’t like too much spice. What can I do?
You can reduce the number of jalapeños or remove the seeds for a milder flavor.
Can I grill the sausages instead of pan-frying them?
Absolutely! Grilling will give them a smoky flavor, enhancing the overall taste.
Can I use other meats instead of chicken?
Yes, turkey or pork can be used as substitutes, but cooking times and flavors might vary.
Do I need to use natural sausage casings?
No, you can shape them into patties or free-form sausages. The casings just provide a traditional look and texture.
Immerse in Our Jalapeno Chicken Sausage Recipe
Enjoy your homemade jalapeno chicken sausage recipe, and don’t forget to pair these sausages with a refreshing dip or salsa for an added burst of flavor, you can slice or dice the sausages how you like!