Get ready to elevate your dinner game with our creamy pesto baked gnocchi and chicken skillet recipe. This one-pan wonder brings together pillowy gnocchi, tender chicken, and a luscious creamy pesto sauce that will have your taste buds singing. It’s a dish that’s not only delicious but also quick and convenient, making it perfect for busy weeknights or special occasions when you want to impress without the stress.
Creamy Pesto Baked Gnocchi and Chicken Skillet
- 1 lb 450g gnocchi
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish optional
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- In an ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add the gnocchi and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes until the gnocchi starts to turn golden.
- Return the cooked chicken to the skillet. Add the basil pesto and heavy cream. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the top and transfer the skillet to the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the gnocchi is tender and the top is golden and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired.
- Gnocchi Options: You can use regular potato gnocchi or opt for variations like sweet potato or spinach gnocchi to add extra flavor and color to your dish.
- Chicken Seasoning: Feel free to season the chicken with additional herbs or spices like Italian seasoning, garlic powder, or paprika for added depth of flavor.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes: If you prefer a milder sun-dried tomato flavor, you can soak them in warm water for a few minutes to rehydrate and reduce their intensity before adding them to the skillet.
- Creamy Sauce Thickness: Adjust the thickness of the creamy sauce to your liking by adding more or less heavy cream. For a richer sauce, add extra cream; for a lighter sauce, use less.
- Cheese Variations: While Parmesan cheese is traditional, you can experiment with other cheeses like mozzarella, provolone, or goat cheese for unique flavor profiles.
- Baking Time: Keep an eye on the skillet while baking to prevent overcooking. The dish is ready when the top is golden and bubbly, and the gnocchi are tender.
- Customization: This recipe is versatile. You can add vegetables like spinach, asparagus, or peas for extra nutrients and color. Customize it to suit your taste.
- Leftovers: Creamy Pesto Baked Gnocchi & Chicken Skillet reheats well. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days or freeze them for later enjoyment.
- Fresh Basil: If you have fresh basil on hand, use it to garnish the dish just before serving. It adds a burst of fresh flavor and visual appeal.
- Cooking Time for Gnocchi: Cooking times for gnocchi may vary depending on the brand and type you use. Follow the package instructions for best results.
- Recipe Doubling: You can easily double this recipe if you're serving a larger group. Use a larger ovenproof skillet or transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
- Accompaniments: Consider serving this dish with a side salad, garlic bread, or a light vinaigrette-dressed vegetable medley to complete the meal.
- Recipe Variations: Get creative with your pesto choice. You can use classic basil pesto or experiment with sun-dried tomato pesto, spinach pesto, or any other favorite pesto flavor.
Why Make Creamy Pesto Baked Gnocchi and Chicken Skillet?
This recipe offers the perfect marriage of flavors and convenience. It’s a delicious and satisfying one-pan meal that combines the creaminess of pesto and gnocchi with the heartiness of chicken. Whether you’re cooking for family, friends, or just yourself, it’s a dish that never disappoints.
How Difficult Is It To Make Creamy Pesto Baked Gnocchi and Chicken Skillet?
Despite its gourmet taste, this recipe is surprisingly easy to make. With simple ingredients and straightforward instructions, you’ll have a restaurant-quality dish on your table in no time.
How Does Creamy Pesto Baked Gnocchi and Chicken Skillet Taste?
Prepare your taste buds for a flavor explosion! This dish offers a harmonious blend of creamy, savory, and slightly tangy pesto with tender chicken and perfectly cooked gnocchi. It’s a taste sensation that will keep you coming back for more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use store-bought pesto?
Absolutely! You can use your favorite store-bought basil pesto for convenience.
What can I substitute for sun-dried tomatoes?
Cherry tomatoes or roasted red peppers work well as substitutes for sun-dried tomatoes.
Can I make this dish vegetarian?
Yes, you can omit the chicken for a delicious vegetarian version.
What side dishes pair well with this skillet meal?
A simple green salad or garlic bread complements this dish beautifully.
Can I freeze leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze leftovers for a quick and delicious meal later.
Enjoy This Creamy Pesto Baked Gnocchi and Chicken Skillet Recipe
Our creamy pesto baked gnocchi and chicken skillet recipe is the ultimate comfort food that’s both easy to prepare and incredibly flavorful. With minimal effort and maximum taste, it’s a recipe that will have you savoring every bite. Whether you’re cooking for a weeknight dinner or a special gathering, this dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. So, roll up your sleeves and get ready to enjoy this mouthwatering masterpiece!